This video is part of a series of 3 video clips from a Swedish campaign designed to improve the city of Stockholm with creative ideas. This is a perfect example of how you can achieve incredible things just with thinking creatively and implementing those ideas you’ve come up with.
At the same instant I saw this video I realized the value and potential of its message. So, watch the video and let me show you what I’ve learned from it.
“Take the stairs instead of the escalator or elevator and feel better” is something we often hear or read. Few people actually follow that advice. Can we get more people to take the stairs over the escalator by making it fun to do?
The original source of this video is TheFunTheory.com.
WHAT IS THE FUN THEORY?
The fun theory is the thought that something as simple as fun is the easiest way to change people’s behavior for the better.
Be original, make something fun and exciting and you will be amazed how people react to it. So, be creative, implement those ideas you come up with and get rewarded for it.
WHAT CAN WE LEARN FROM THIS VIDEO
- If you want to get people’s attention you have to be original. So, do what you do but a little different from usual and from what others are doing in similar situations.
- Intention without action is useless. So, implement those ideas you come up with or you will see how others do it and get rewarded.
- Implement your ideas as well as you can. Don’t do it any old how. So, think creatively like an artist but work on implementing your ideas with the precision of a machine.
- Team work is powerful. Sometimes you can’t do something for your own or you can’t do it properly. Sometimes you need assistance and cooperation in order to achieve your goal. In order to obtain the best possible result from your project you have to attract talented people willing to work with you, willing to share with you their knowledge, skills and experience. My suggestion: help others to achieve what they want and they will do the same for you in return (or pay what they ask for).
- People love music and any other form of art. So, try to be an artist in your work. You should work passionately and always trying to reflect on what you do your own personality. In other words, you should stamp your distinctive sensibility on your work.
- People love to play games. So, if you want to engage people effectively you have to be entertaining, your work should be funny and amusing. Instead of being cold or aloof be interactive. For example, show your readers, customers or whoever that their comments, opinions and ideas are valued. Instead of being dull or boring be fresh, innovative and entertaining. My advice: Ask yourself if what you do is boring and how to make it more entertaining.
These are some lessons I’ve learned from the video and, of course, you can apply them in almost any area of your life: your writings, your blog, your projects, your relationship with your friends, partner or family, your daily work, and a long etc.
Can you imagine a world where everybody was original and used its creativity to make everything better? What an amazing world it would be!
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Now, I’m looking to you for some wisdom:
Use the comments section of this post as a forum to post your own experiences, opinions and thoughts on this subject.
Share your thoughts & ideas and enjoy what others share with you 🙂
My Twitter: @DavidCantone
Did you enjoy this article?